Friday, October 3, 2008

Thou Lovely Source of True Delight


1. Thou lovely source of true delight


Whom I unseen adore


Unveil Thy beauties to my sight


That I might love Thee more,


Oh that I might love Thee more.

 

2. Thy glory o’er creation shines


But in Thy sacred Word


I read in fairer, brighter lines


My bleeding, dying Lord,


See my bleeding, dying Lord

 

3. ’Tis here, whene’er my comforts droop


And sin and sorrow rise


Thy love with cheering beams of hope


My fainting heart supplies,


My fainting heart’s supplied

 

4. But ah! Too soon the pleasing scene


Is clouded o’er with pain


My gloomy fears rise dark between


And I again complain,


Oh and I again complain

 

5. Jesus, my Lord, my life, my light


Oh come with blissful ray


Break radiant through the shades of night


And chase my fears away,


Won’t You chase my fears away

 

6. Then shall my soul with rapture trace


The wonders of Thy love


But the full glories of Thy face


Are only known above,


They are only known above

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Thanks for those great lyrics. I neede to "hear" them this morning.