Thursday, August 30, 2007

Musings...

These days I have been thinking about closed doors and obstacles. My thoughts are focused on determining the difference between the two. I view closed doors as the LORD putting a stop to a direction I am seeking to go and an obstacle as man and/or the devil seeking to put a stop to a direction that God is leading me in.

In my current situation I seem to be dealing with obstacles. I would covet your prayers for me because my inclination is to blast through the obstacle I am currently facing. Sometimes blasting through is an appropriate way to deal with obstacles, but when the obstacle is a fellow follower of Jesus Christ blasting through is not an option.

The LORD planted Galatians 6:1 in my mind this morning: "Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted."

I am seeking God's wisdom as to how to confront this brother in truth and love. Please pray for me so that I would honor Christ in this situation.

Soli Deo Gloria

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I understand the dilemma since I, too, tend to be a blaster. After many mistakes, I have learned to display patience, even in those times when I am anything but patient. I will pray for you and the brother.