Thursday, April 10, 2008

Apartment Adventures

We have lived in apartments our entire married lives. After six and a half years we are finally moving into our first home next week.

Tonight Anne & baby, Asher and I were sitting down having some good cuddle time when there was a knock knock knock at the door. It was April, our neighbor. She had a look on her face that told me that she would love to be anywhere in the world at that moment other than at my door telling me what she had to say.

After some embarrassed mumbling she told me that her son had urinated in Anne's shoe!

How do you respond to that? We just busted a gut laughing. This was seriously funny. Not so much that my wife's shoe was filled with pee, but that totally awkward situation this boy had put his mother in. She was horrified!

She told us she would pay for a new pair of shoes and she apologized over and over again. She also told us that her son would be over to apologize after his time out.

We shut the door and just laughed. Anne did not know how to respond to this boy when he came over so we talked about it for a couple of minutes.

Just then we heard April say, "go ahead knock." He did. We opened the door to see a clearly embarrassed and ashamed young boy. "Go ahead" April said. "I, I'm sorry" he said. "For what." she said. "I'm sorry I peed in your shoe."

I was dying to know, so I asked, "why did you do that?" Then came the famous answer. "I don't know?" "How would you like it if someone peed in your shoe?" No answer!

Anne spoke up, "I forgive you."

"Now take those shoes to the garbage" April said.

And with that it was over. Another wild apartment adventure!

We are so excited about our move into our own home next week!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

That was one of the funniest stories I have ever heard!!!! You handled it really well, I thought!!!!!

On a side note, we had our ultrasound today and you can check out our blog for the details. But I had one question -- do you mind if we use Asher for a middle name???? I didn't want to ask you until I knew what we were having, and of course now I've given it away so just let me know what you think! We plan to name him Christian Asher.
Just wanted to ask, though because some people get really upset if their friends use the same names.

Okay, bye for now! :)