Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Life Well Lived

This morning Louise Erickson walked through the door by which we all one day must pass. Death is the door and she walked through it into eternity. Once she passed through the door she entered the presence of the LORD Jesus Christ.

Grandma was a faithful servant of the Most High God all of her days. She lived well. There are many things I could share with you about my Grandma, but what I am most thankful for is her faith and her love for me that lead her to pray for me diligently.

I believe that I am a follower of Jesus Christ today largely because of her prayers for her grandson. I will never forget the day that I told her that I had repented of my sins and trust in Jesus Christ for my salvation. It was while we were having lunch at Applebees.

Tears filled her eyes and she shared her joy with us at the table. I thank God for my Grammy. My heart is filled with sorrow and sadness and at the same time I rejoice because she has heard "well done good and faithful servant". She is in the place I long to be in and I can not wait to see her again.

Thank you Jesus for giving me Louise Erickson as my Grammy. Thank you for the faith she passed on to me. May I finish my course as well as she did.

1 comment:

Mark Bjorlo said...

Lifting your family in prayer.