Thursday, January 3, 2008

This is Why I am a Church Planter!!!

This morning I was praying and asking God to give me an "open door" for the gospel. I pray this prayer almost every day and the LORD is good to grant me my request. This morning I also asked the LORD to let me see his salvation come upon someone.

Tonight our community group met and one of our flock, who has been a Christian for only a few months, brought two new friends to the group. He soon got a call from a friend whose car had broken down and was asking for a ride. So he and one of his friends went to help the friend and they left Charlie all alone with us.

We could tell he was a little uncomfortable and we tried to put him at ease. He was eager to be there and we proceeded with our time in the word. Knowing that Charlie was not a follower of Christ we changed our regular format and read our passage and I asked if anyone had any questions about the passage.

Someone asked why Jesus had to suffer and that opened up an opportunity to talk straight forwardly about the gospel. We challenged Charlie with regard to his sin and asked him if he would like to receive the forgiveness that is found in Jesus Christ alone. The Spirit of God was moving powerfully among us and Charlie indicated that he wanted to repent of his sins and commit his life to following Jesus Christ.

Hallelujah!!! The angels are rejoicing in heaven!

Please pray for Charlie. Pray that the LORD would give him new life and that the Holy Spirit would take up residence in his soul.

Praise the LORD! This is Why I am a Church Planter!!!

3 comments:

Peggy said...

That is wonderful and powerful. It is so amazing to see the hand of God at work. I'm adding Charlie to my prayer list.

Unknown said...

Praise God!

Larry Temple said...

Glory!

Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.