Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I am a Disciple of Jesus Christ

I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed; I have Holy Spirit power; the dye has been cast, I’ve stepped over the line, the love of God controls me, the decision has been made - I’m a disciple of His.

I won’t look back, let up, slow down or back away; my past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure; I’m finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless streams, tame visions, mundane talking, cheap giving and dwarfed goals; I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotion, plaudits or popularity; I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded; I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk in patience, live by prayer and labor with power; my face is set, my walk is fast, my goal is the Kingdom of God; my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my guide reliable, my mission clear; I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed; I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversaries, negotiate at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity; I won’t give up, shut up or let up until I’ve stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, spoken up for the cause of Christ.

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ and must go until He comes, give until I drop, teach until all know and work until he stops me - I AM A DISCIPLE OF JESUS CHRIST!

~Author Unknown

No comments: