Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I am thankful for Satan.

What!? Did I really just say that I am thankful for Satan? Yes!!! The reason is this: he drove me to my Father this morning.

I have been having a difficult time sleeping lately. There are probably a number of reasons for this, but one is that the Devil has been tormenting me in my sleep. Early this morning I was awoken by a vile and wicked dream that was so disturbing I can not even tell anyone about it.

I know where this dream came from. I am not unaware of the schemes of the Devil (2 Cor. 2:11). I was deeply troubled by this dream and, praise be to God, I was compelled to get out of bed and seek my God.

Why am I thankful for the Devil? Because he was the catylist that got me out of bed 45 minutes early. This allowed me to spend an extra 45 minutes in prayer and in the word seeking the grace of my Father.

What a loser the Devil is now and forever. Does he not know that my Father will guard me and lead me in the everlasting way? Does he not know that the love of Jesus Christ is upon me in glorious and magnificent ways?

Whether he knows it or not my God used him like a dishrag to bring glory to his holy name.

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.
~Ephesians 6:11-13

A PSALM OF DAVID.
Ascribe to the LORD, O heavenly beings, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness.
The voice of the LORD is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the LORD, over many waters.
The voice of the LORD is powerful; the voice of the LORD is full of majesty.
The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars; the LORD breaks the cedars of Lebanon.
He makes Lebanon to skip like a calf, and Sirion like a young wild ox.
The voice of the LORD flashes forth flames of fire.
The voice of the LORD shakes the wilderness; the LORD shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.
The voice of the LORD makes the deer give birth and strips the forests bare, and in his temple all cry, "Glory!"
The LORD sits enthroned over the flood; the LORD sits enthroned as king forever.
May the LORD give strength to his people! May the LORD bless his people with peace!
~Psalm 29:1-11

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
~John 10:27

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I had a similar dream recently where I looked into the face of someone I used to know well and saw demonic things. I woke up terrified and it drove me to prayer as well. As soon as I turned to Jesus, I was comforted and felt safe. Our God is so faithful!