Monday, June 23, 2008

Encouragement, and a Cattle Prod!

I received this very encouraging e-mail from my fellow gospelizer Trevor this morning.

Hey guys, I just wanted remind every one to examine their hearts today. I was doing that this morning, and needed to scrap away layer upon layer of apathy. Thought may be some of you would be dealing with same. I want to encourage all of you to invite Godly people, who you respect to come along and help us grow this church! To help reach the lost, to help create a church where you don't need to be perfect, or be afraid to share your struggles with the pastor, or your bother and sisters in the church. The family of God needs to be realized, as there are times when our earthly families will let us down. But I would challenge all of you to go step outside your comfort zone today, and talk to that person or people you have been hesitant to. If you are just waiting for the right time, consider this your notice, Today is that day, and now is that time. Don't be afraid to share that love that saves you and I, with those who are searching. They may not realize that their actions are all pointing to the hole that is with in them, no matter how much of this world they throw in there, it will never be filled. We are the keepers of the well that never runs dry, that will fill the void in there lives.

Thanks for striving with me to plant a church that will be a light to those in darkness, that will be that well for those who thirst, that will be the safe haven when they are in need and will Point the way to Christ!

God bless!

Your Brother
Trevor

I would love to have a few more Trevor's on board!!!

No comments: