Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Good Book

Engaging with the Holy Spirit by Graham Cole

I was really eager to read this book for two reasons. First, because there is a great need for clear teaching on the Holy Spirit in our day. Second, because I had the privilege of studying under Dr. Cole while I attended Trinity Evangelical Divinity School.

The book seeks to answer six questions regarding the Holy Spirit:
  1. What is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?
  2. How may we resist the Holy Spirit?
  3. Ought we to pray to the Holy Spirit?
  4. How do we quench the Holy Spirit?
  5. How do we grieve the Holy Spirit?
  6. How does the Holy Spirit fill us?
Along with good straightforward teaching on the Holy Spirit, Dr. Cole also gives us a lesson in theological method. I found this book to be greatly helpful in my own understanding and a great benefit as I teach others on how to live a Spirit-filled life.

I highly recommend it!

No comments: