Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Remember...

I remember June 12, 1998

  • I remember the man I was before that day.
  • I remember the pain, the sorrow, the hate, the despair, the hopelessness.
  • I remember that man - a slave to sin, in bondage reveling in debauchery.
  • I remember wanting it to end, but being powerless.
  • I remember longing for something to hope in, something to free me.
  • I remember that day - June 12, 1998
  • I remember that I was on my own road to Damascus: a path of sin, death and destruction.
  • I remember the light that overcame me.
  • I remember the deep conviction of my sin that crushed me.
  • I remember the sobbing and the weeping at the realization of what my sin produced.
  • I remember the understanding of the wrath of God rightly resting upon me.
  • I remember the fear and terror of that realization.
  • I remember the joy and relief at the revelation of your grace in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
  • I remember understanding that Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay the penalty of my sin.
  • I remember the tears of sorrow in godly grief that lead to repentance.
  • I remember feeling the Holy Spirit come into me.
  • I remember the new eyes with which I began to see the world.
  • I remember the overwhelming compulsion to share the gospel with anyone who would listen to me urge them to repent and believe.
  • I remember the path that You set before me. A path filled with trials and tribulations; a path that brought suffering and opposition; A path of glory fueled by the Holy Spirit and driven by the Gospel.
  • I remember and I am encouraged to press on in the calling that I have received.
In remembering
  • I will seek You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength Father.
  • I will walk this path You have set before me with passion and zeal for Your glory.
  • I will give my last breath in service to the Kingdom of God.
  • I will give my life as a slave of Christ Jesus.
  • I will meditate on the gospel of grace daily.
Hallelujah I am free in Jesus Christ

I Remember You - Third Day



2 comments:

tft003 said...

That is some seriously powerful stuff! I found myself reading it out loud down here! Convicting, revealing, and encouraging me to be better, to not forget the gift, so freely given, which cost a fortune. It is truly a SHAME how easily I will go a day with out thanking my savior for his sacrifice, his pain, his holiness, in exchange for my dirty rags. Now I am a joint heir with Christ! Counted saved by his grace, I am more than a conqueror, a slave to righteousness, I am free! Congratulations on 10 powerful years! And here is forward to a compounding of power for the next 10.

A Good Kinda Crazy said...

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing and for the reminder of why we're doing what we're doing!