Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Another Day Pressing on in the Great Commission

Every day is an adventure in church planting. I plan out my day and then keep my eyes open to see what the LORD will do. Today was a good day. We had a good visit at the doctor for Asher's 2 year check up. We found out that we received a significant donation for our up coming County Fair Outreach. We had a gifted musician join our mission to plant Pointway Church. I had an opportunity to talk to two teenage girls about the LORD. I also had a great afternoon playing with Asher in our yard. All this while Anne is on the verge of moving into labor. She has been having some contractions and we are hoping that things progress soon.

It is just another day pressing on in the Great Commission. Time will tell the significance of today's events, but one thing I know: the hand of God is upon me. I can not imagine doing anything else with my life than to be on mission with Jesus Christ as he builds his church watching the gates of hell fall as the gospel advances.

I head off to bed with joy in my heart and great thankfulness for all that the Lord has done in and through me. I also head off to bed know that I could awaken at any moment needing to take Anne to the hospital so she can give birth to our child. What a life! I love it!!! THANK Y0U JESUS

4 comments:

Mike V said...

Amen, Praying for that baby to come with mother and baby having no complications.

Great news on all fronts!

A Good Kinda Crazy said...

Yipee!!!!! I'm still prayin'! May this be an absolutely wonderful labor (as wonderful as passing a watermelon through can be anyway)...

So excited to hear the news... please keep us posted. I think now would be a good time to start "twitter"! Yeah... I'm sure Anne would love you doing that while in labor... nevermind... I like her too much for you to do that!

Have a great day!

A Good Kinda Crazy said...

Um... waiting to hear more news... don't keep us hangin'

A Good Kinda Crazy said...

I'm going crazy already!....