Thursday, July 24, 2008

Karis Joy Erickson

Today at 4:47 p.m. our daughter - Karis Joy Erickson was born! Anne was absolutely amazing!!! When the time to push arrived Anne got it done in 7 minutes. That's right - 7 MINUTES!!!
Karis weighed in at a mighty 7 lbs. and 6 oz. and measured in at an impressive 20 inches.
She is an amazing child and she is as her name states. Karis is the Greek word for Grace and Joy is what she has filled our hearts with.
I will post some of the 200 pictures I have taken of her after we get home from the hospital on Saturday.
Asher came to visit his brand new little sister and gave her some very sweet cuddles and kisses.
We praise the LORD Jesus Christ for his mighty presence with us today and we are humbled that he has blessed us so richly.
Thank you to all of you who faithfully prayed for us today. The LORD God definately answered you.
Soli Deo Gloria

5 comments:

Mike V said...

What a wonderful blessing from a Mighty and wonderful God. Our prayers are with you for a smooth transition home.

A Good Kinda Crazy said...

I was just sitting here tonight with Mike and said, "Just think... they're holding their new little baby tonight..." Oh, how I absolutely loved holding each baby all through the night and sleeping with him or her. There was no way I'd let them take that baby to the nursery... it was my "special" time alone... those moments never to be recaptured... so precious forever...

May you find time to stop the world as much as you can right now and soak in every part of that precious bundle! It's only been a few months... but it already seems like a lifetime ago that I was holding my little Ezra that first night.

God bless you both!

J. Folken said...

I love the name you guys picked! And it looks cool, too. Way to go, Anne!

Lesley said...

YAYYYYYY! I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for news and then the thought occurred to me that I should check your blog.
Way to go, Anne, and congrats to you guys! And a beautiful name -- how is it pronounced?? Is it like -- care - eese -- ? Just curious -- anyway, we are soooooooo incredibly happy for you. I was praying for Anne and the delivery on and off all that day and so glad it went well. Take care and enjoy your new family of four! :)

Lesley said...

Thanks for explaining, Steve -- it's a beautiful name!!! Can't wait to see pictures!! Hope you have a great first day at home!