Saturday, July 5, 2008

Political Engagement

I am not one to spend much time engaging in politics, but yesterday I did in a very unique way. Pointway Church had a float in the fourth of July parade. We distributed 2500 gospel tracts and invites to our launch in September. The float right behind us in the parade was Norm Coleman. We gave them some candy and Norm asked us to be praying, to which I responded, "without ceasing". He looked puzzled, but appreciative.

At the end of the parade route as we were heading back to the staging area we passed by Al Franken and his group. I couldn't resist so I shouted out, "vote for Jesus". Al shouted back, "put him on the ballot. (it is no secret that Al is not supportive of the Christian church.) I shouted back, "every knee will bow down and every tongue will confess that Jesus is LORD. He is your King!"

And with that my political engagement ended. It was an interesting side note to a great day in which 2500 people received a gospel tract containing truth that can transform their lives for eternity.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Shouting at Al - that is awesome! I'd vote for Jesus, but He's the King regardless of how He caucuses. Good work out on the parade!

Peggy said...

Really awesome ... I'd have loved to see that.

Poor Al didn't have a clue.

tft003 said...

I love the shouting! Well done!

Monica said...

Oh, how I miss you guys! I'm voting for Jesus!